Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

17 things - final post

Wow! I've completed 17 things to chew on. I have enjoyed discovering all the things I can do using technology, and I've enjoyed thinking of ways they can be used to enhance student learning in my classroom. Some things have been easier than others, and some are more practical than others, but all in all, this has been a good experience. I feel much more tech savvy now, and much more comfortable exploring the sites and applications on my own. In the future, a little more direct instruction may be nice. I found myself frustrated at times when I didn't know what to do, however, there were enough people participating that I could usually find someone to answer my questions. To encourage my colleagues to participate, I would tell them about cool things they could do to enhance their teaching. Students spend so much time on computers these days, that it'd be great to incorporate more tech into our instruction - stuff like an animoto video to introduce a topic in an exciting way, using google documents for group projects, so students can work together but not have to be in the same room, or even screen casting instructions for a webquest. This program has made me confident that I am keeping up to date on technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment