Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Thing 5, Twitter

I have just recently started a twitter account. Follow me! My account name is kelliemdean.

I'm currently following Alicia Duell and Jen Waldock from RB, a friend and fellow softball coach from Michigan, and Michigan State sports (I couldn't help myself)

A friend of mine who works at a bed and breakfast in a resort town told me they sometimes post cancellations on twitter and often fill them within the hour. Seems pretty useful!

I think this may be useful in education to get a hold of people (student, colleagues, athletes) at the last minute to let them know about review sessions, practices or meetings. It may also be a way to remind students of homework or projects.

I'm still exploring how to access this from my cell phone, which I think will be more accessible than my computer.

1 comment: